1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Two weeks in

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, Jun 4, 2015.

1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

The question for today was: has your pain been moving around?

I would have to say yes. The pain is still in the same general location (right trapezius). The pain now radiates into my collarbone/chest area. The past two nights I've been dealing with some of the worst pain ever. It has led me to tears and sleeplessness. Today, I had to call off work. This is the first time my pain has resulted in a missed work day. It scares me, even though I consciously know that it's the TMS in full force and that it feeds off of fear. Reminding myself that the pain is not structural doesn't seem to help during those worst moments of pain. It scares me to think that TMS can knock me out of work if I can't get this pain to subside.

I want to believe that this is the worst of it and that my unconscious is putting up a final fight to keep me distracted from the repressed emotions. I'm feeling very defeated at the moment though.

-Matt

2. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

Hang in there. You are doing great work!

MSZ812 likes this.
  3. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

Oh, and sometimes the pain flares up almost to test our resolve and belief in TMS.

MSZ812 likes this.