1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Two ways to journal for success

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Id like to tell of a powerful concept-

This is for the jornalers -

were told to write in a journal about all of our angers and anxietites from past to present and the stressors right.
    when your done writing out all of your angers -hurts stresses and worries-

... when you have let those anger and anxiety memories from the past float over you and you have faced and accepted them-
    instead of just setting there and wondering what to do next-

then write doun all of the best memories you have in a happy journal from past to present.
    open up your happy journal and fill in all the good memories that you can remember from your life-bask in these memories and let them float over you.
    this will take you out of the negative state that the journal of anger and anxiety put you into.
    to a state of peace and contentment-a state worthy of the law of attraction.

now remember to keep the journal of anger and anxiety to write in every day-this will help re-lease all those negative emotions that have built up in you over your life span-
    but it wont get you back to that positive state- at least not immeditly
    This is when you go to your happy journal and write there to enter that state so you can learn to calm your nerves while your facing all the negative emotions.

this will work well for those that wonder what to do next next after your negative journaling

Sienna likes this.
  2. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Thank you Eric,
    I find this is a very interesting advise. I will definitely put it into practice!

3. Lori

Lori Well known member

One of the important things I've emphasized about journaling is ending each writing session on a positive note. I realize we write about many unpleasant situations/events. etc. And it does feel good to process those out by writing. However, in order not to stay stuck, it is important to find the one morsel from each experience we've written about. How can we view it differently? What is one lesson learned, even if it was painful? e.g. this is the past and my past does not define me, my parents did the best they could and I forgive them, or even something as simple as: I am ready to heal this hurt. With a sentence like this that we really FEEL and believe, we can feel a shift and heal the event/situation about which we have just poured out heart out. It is a very effective method and one I've been using for years.

Get those pens moving :D

I like the happy journal writing idea too.

I regularly write about gratitude. There is a lot when we realize it!

4. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Thank you Lori,

This is a great input on journaling! I will put it on practice!

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

thank you sienna, you really got a cool pic on the boat,
    glad to know your a practicing journaler
    ive done it so long now, i just write my heart out
    im always learning new avenues- aint it great to be so busy and loving it
    wow- id post temn times more just got a lot going on. my heart is always here.
    god bless

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

thanks lori, you just completed my post.
    i think thats so important to know what is it that stands out- good or bad
    thats the idea-great analogy, bless you