1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Two great tastes that taste great together

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Fabi, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Wow! No idea what those adds are!! Must be something in the US!
    No peanut butter here, only "dulce de leche"

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Forest likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Probably. We used to see them all of the time before movies and on TV. They seem quite quaint today:

yb44 likes this.
  3. Forest

(I've moved these two posts from a thread about meditation so the original thread doesn't get too off topic. I just couldn't resist putting in the Reeses ad. Perhaps it's just my generation - I'm older than I look - but I'm quite nostalgic for the ads. Now that we're in the "Off Topic" subforum, we can chat to our heart's content.)

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I found commercials in the 80s were far more catchy and memorable than those of today. A sign of the times I guess.

I used to love this little advertisement:

I'm not sure if it aired outside of the UK.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Forest likes this.
  5. blake

blake Well known member

Cute thread :). Thanks for sharing, guys!

I still know all the words to the Cherry Blossom commercial from the 70s (in French and English, no less!). And when I was 3 years old, I desperately wanted to marry the Pilsbury doughboy from the commercials. My husband calls him his"competition" whenever the ads come on TV. I never should have told him about my crush :)

Forest likes this.
  6. Forest

Heh. I loved the big smile on the Vitalite sun, Mike. I bet the doughboy is a great cook, blake, so I can't blame your hubby for being concerned. :)

blake likes this.