1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Two great pitfalls ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Aug 31, 2017.

1. mbo

mbo Well known member

I suspect that EGOTISM and NARCISSISM often interfere in the process of healing.

Do you agree?

2. Lunarlass66

Lunarlass66 Well known member

I'm not sure, at least in my case if I'd call it narcissism or egotism... Possibly on an unconscious level. I'm usually fairly perceptive about my own inner workings, psychologically. I've always been a nervous, high strung type from my earliest recollections in childhood... But I'm aware of the cause being more self-preservation or protectiveness, I find it difficult to be unselfish and am a classic "what can I do to get people to accept and like me?"
    The clinincal definition of a narcissist is an individual who is completely detached from others and unable to empathize... They only "appear" to care to manipulate others.
    I believe that if pain serves as a distraction or protective mechanism of the mind against stress or perceived "danger"... It explains my mysterious pains that so far I cannot resolve. Just my 2 cents..