1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Twitching

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by RyanG1452, Jan 30, 2019.

1. RyanG1452

RyanG1452 New Member

I have been experiencing twitching over my whole body for over a month now. After a couple weeks of this happening I made the mistake of looking it up and Google and saw that it could be the first symptom of Al's. Now I'm 24 and in great shape I dont have any weakness or anything . I'm active at work. I'm and electrician and that also tells me that I'm doing ok because I use my body all day. I also have a history of severe anxiety and I have been stressed lately. My body is having twitches as I write this . Its giving me very bad anxiety and I just want to see if anyone has and advice for me I have a neurologist appointment next week. I'm just hoping this is bfs and not als.

2. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

TMS.....all the way.

3. RyanG1452

RyanG1452 New Member

What do you mean by tms all the way?

4. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Chances are very high that it is TMS; BFS = TMS as I found out myself in the past. Good you see a neurologist to rule out anything serious. I could tell you not to worry, but I know how strong anxiety can be.

5. RyanG1452

RyanG1452 New Member

That is what I am hoping . And yes my anxiety is very high at the moment . I have been having stomach issues for a while now too. I think this is all anxiety stress related but I have learned my lesson not to google anymore lol.. thank you so much tho that really helped me . Anxiety with this has been horrible. I get off work nd want to relax but the moment I sit down I hyper focus on every twitch and it makes it worse . Twitches tend to be worse while stationary also

6. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, twitches most often occurred in relaxed muscles in my case. It all sounds very familiar what you describe.
    Mindfulness is your friend in this one. Sit down and simply experience the twitches. Invite them in so to speak, maybe even laugh about them. This breaks the vicious cycle of worrying about symptoms which in turn aggravates those symptoms.
    I expect you will have an interesting conversation with your neurologist. They don't often get patients that suspect a psychophysical mechanism behind such symptoms. Pretty sure he encourages you to approach it like that, of course after having done a couple of checks to rule out anything serious.
    take care!

7. RyanG1452

RyanG1452 New Member

I'm going to try and do that I'm trying g as we speak it is working a little . My mind is racing about how they twitch while standing sometimes. But not when walking . I feel crazy with this. But this forum and this answers are really helping me. Thanks for everything