1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tulsa Mass Shooting, Back Surgery, and TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BruceMC, Jun 2, 2022.

1. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

2. BruceMC

Here are more details about the Tulsa shooting in a YouTube video:

I just wonder how often back surgery actually works anyway? The statistics certainly aren't very good.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  3. mbo

mbo Well known member

4. BruceMC

5. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

TG957 likes this.
  6. BruceMC

Yes, seems like TMS contains implicit self-destructive messaging that all the clinical approaches steer clear of; in fact, hide behind clinical methods. Turning that inner rage against a therapist, it seems to be, is always lurking beneath the surface if the patient already has mental issues before the onset of symptoms.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  7. mbo

mbo Well known member

That shooter couldn't repress the extra dose of rage originated by the failed surgery!
    He (the shooter) doesn't know that his back pain was the consequence of his unknown rage previous to the surgery --rage repressed in his subconscious, against someone crucial in his life (his espouse, children, parents, boss, partner,....)--
    Sadly not even the surgeon knew that the back pain of the shooter aren't linked to the physical condition of his back. Very probably the surgery was unnecessary.
    The result: devastation and destruction, exactly that TMS pain is trying to prevent via "protective distraction".
    The solution: to overcome IGNORANCE

Dr. Sarno says that in his whole life just 2 (two!) of his patients (thousands!) reacted violently after his dangerous rage emerged from the subconcious to the conscious, so that rage was felt and become a feeling.
    Unfelt, unbearable, dangerous emotions (mainly rage) are "the core problem". Our brain detects our inner/ residual ENRAGED, DANGEROUS child and send us pain as effective lid that retains that rage in the subconscious.
    Easy to say, difficult to communicate...and ---in my experience-- largely rejected.
    Just my two cents.
    M

Cap'n Spanky, TG957 and BruceMC like this.
  8. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

My first thought upon reading about that shooting tragedy was about TMS and how tragic it is that the entire machinery of official medicine is focused on structural approach to pain. If this merry-go-round of surgeries and other invasive treatments for chronic pain is not stopped, we, unfortunately, may end up seeing more aggression against physicians. I am praying it will never, ever end up with guns involved.

Cap'n Spanky and BruceMC like this.
  9. mbo

mbo Well known member

So true !
    The vast majority of docs are so focused on the physical/structural causes of pain than never can see "the gorilla"
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=vJG698U2Mvo&feature=emb_logo

BruceMC and TG957 like this.