1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Trying to Remain Positive, but Feeling Discouraged. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by COgirl05, Jul 9, 2015.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

I'm having another fairly strong relapse right now and I know it's because I was under some stress this week and my mom is a caretaker for my grandma who has Alzheimer's and that's always caused me stress too for various reasons. Anyways, I had made some great headway over the past few months and was feeling great both physically and emotionally. I was proud of myself that I had done the work to get in that place and was recovered from TMS. Well this week was hard on me and now the back pain is strong. I've read and re-read several articles on fear, preoccupation, the pain cycle, etc. and I'm trying to not let myself go to a place of monitoring it, fearing it or even thinking about it, but obviously I am. I just need someone to tell me I'm doing the right things, the pain will subside and to keep going! Thank you:) You are all the best.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi again, Cogirl. I am sending you a big hug and assurance that you are doing all the right things for TMS healing. Your reaction to the caretaking for your grandmother is natural. It is a stressful time for her, your mother, and for you. Knowing you are all doing your best in this is the best way to handle the stress. Keep reminding your subconscious that your symptoms are psychological and not structural. Keep positive and think happy thoughts and do activities that you enjoy. You are near the top of a hill that will lead you to stand tall in the sunlight, free of pain and with joy and the Lord's acceptance and love.