1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Trying to get rid of my chronic fatigue

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by applemozart, Dec 8, 2017.

1. applemozart

applemozart Newcomer

Hi all,

I've decided to do the TMS program on this website to try and get rid of my chronic fatigue. I've had this chronic fatigue for almost a year now, and it's really debilitating. It has caused me to quit playing football and my studies (at least for now). I have a hard time concentrating, I always feel tired, and my muscles are also weak. I've been tested on every possible disease that could cause tiredness, and nothing has been found. The only possible physical explanation that remains is Chronic Fatigue Syndrom (CFS) but for that I have again too little symptoms, because that usually comes with a bunch of other issues, and for me it's really only the mental and physical fatigue which plays a role.

I'm really desperate to find a cure, and when googling I stumbled upon the TMS program, so I've decided to give it a shot. I really want to believe that my problem is caused by my unconscious mind, because it means it's solvable. But to be honest, I am still skeptical and there is a part of me which doesn't believe this. I started reading the book The Divided Mind as well to gain more information and become more convinced of TMS being my issue.

Even though I have my doubts, I am a 100% committed to see this program through, and it would be wonderful if this makes me better. I think part of my doubts are because I've really made myself believe that this will never go away, so anything that claims to make me better seems unrealistic.

Thanks for reading!

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the forum my dear. There are many here for whom tiredness and related symptoms are their main challenge. Hopefully one of those people will be able to offer some useful pointers and insights.

One of the doctor's who sometimes posts here, Dr. Schunbiner, is actively researching the mind~body connection with regard to chronic fatigue. In time as you learn more about TMS you'll come to see that it is all about the interplay of emotions and the nervous system. This is where we are able to intercede and affect our own healing.

I suggest spending some time on The Success Story Forum because that allows you to learn more from a very hopeful and positive perspective.

Plum

3. Rainbowdash

Rainbowdash Peer Supporter

I too suffered from Chronic fatigue. I have noticed that the more I journal and release emotions, the lighter I feel and I'm not so exhausted anymore. Kind of like I've been carrying a 100 kilo load on my shoulders and I'm dropping a few kilos here and there. It makes a lot of different to overall wellbeing.

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle