1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Trying to accept

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Johnde, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Johnde

Johnde New Member

Hello,

This is day 1 for me.

I have had some issue with my shoulders/neck/back for likely 15 years. I blamed a couple of minor car accidents, different martial arts, weight lifting, etc. I have also tried ever conventional type of medicine/therapy you can think of and nothing really worked for very long.

I enjoy working out, but due to "issues", I hadn't been to the gym in about a year. Then about 3 months ago, I started again, it felt great. I should also mention we had out first child about 5.5 months ago. Anyway, I was progressing quickly at the gym and my body felt amazing, better than it had in years. Then I did some randon work on my hands in knees in our basement and boom...I was in pain from my legs up. Shortly after that I had body aches (this is still going on - 2 weeks later). I am uncertain if this would be TMS, as my doctor said I likely have the flu? I find this part somewhat confusing. As for my level of acceptance...I would say I am 75% there. It's very clearly so engrained in my mind to think about posture, how I'm bending, how I'm sitting, doing stretches, etc, etc, etc.

A friend of mine bought me John Sarno's book about a year ago, but I basically didn't give it another look. I have no read it and am trying to make that connection. Whether it is a flu or not, the body ache I feel along with the usual discomfort has been difficult. I've woken up at night lately wanting to cry out of frustration. I will say that it isn't even a deep pain like some people talk about...for me it is an evolving discomfort that moves around and always has me guessing what's going to be next.

I appreciate this forum, as it is hard to discuss this with my wife, but I don't really blame her because it always seems to be something. It makes you feel embarrassed or like your being a wimp. Living with kind of thing is a weight this is difficult to explain to some people.

I'm starting this program and am trying to be hopeful.

Thanks for your time!
    John

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Blam. Except for it was my second child, that is my exact story.... the unconscious, unfelt or even thought about fear and anger this created was a trigger for lots of weird symptoms....of which I have been free for over 22 years or so (since '99)

Your right on time. Keep going.

Johnde and Pietro Carloni like this.