1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Trusting your body

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mermaid, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

I just had to share this video with you all it's awesome ! I'm sure this gorgeous little lady could teach us TMSers a thing or two about positive thinking and trusting our bodies. Watch it to the end, where she tells a bit about herself, she's an inspiration and still beautiful at 80, great legs too !

2. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Wow, just WOW!!!!!!

Mermaid likes this.
  3. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Well known member

Wow! She could run circles around the majority of people in this world today!
    Beautiful inspiration!

Mermaid likes this.
  4. DanielleMRD

DanielleMRD Peer Supporter

Gosh, thank you so much for posting this!! I'm in tears! I love dance and I also gave it up when I had my first daughter at 16. I'm now 35 and I'm constantly making an excuse not to get back into dancing. I needed to see this! Thank you again. ❤️❤️

Mermaid likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Mermaid, thanks a zillion for posting the Dancing Octogenarian. She's amazing!

Mermaid likes this.
  6. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I saw that earlier today….how fantastic! Thanks for posting it here, Mermaid.

Walt, we'll all be waiting for your debut on Dancing with the Stars. dancea

Mermaid likes this.
  7. Mala

Mala Well known member

I saw this and went wow too. She is truly incredible. But i hope people here don't mind if I say something. This lady is not the norm, she is an exception & as much as we would all like to aspire to be like her, the chances of that happening are slim. Most people cannot do what she is doing & and no positive thinking or affirmations are going to change that. By using her as an example aren't we simply setting ourselves up for disappointment which can only add to the misery of us TMS types. Maybe aspiring to something more achievable would be a more realistic goal & yet at the same time we can admire this wonderful lady for her remarkable ability.

Mala

North Star likes this.
  8. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Mala

You're right, she is incredible precisely because she is not the norm. I don't think any of us here seriously expect that by TMS healing we will live to be 80 year old gymnasts ! I wanted to share it to show how amazing we human beings really are, and that anything is possible. It cheered me up and I was hoping to bring a little of that cheer to my friends on the forum.

All the way through my healing, I never set goals for myself. That would have amounted to pressure, which I'd had way too much of already. I lived each day to get the most joy out of it that I could, however small. Just listening to the birds in my garden, or a loving word from my husband was enough to keep me going. At my worst I was too sick to contemplate the future. The only aim I've had is to be whole and in balance again. I have healed more by learning to treat myself with love and compassion, than anything else. Life is not one great big emergency and should not be lived as such. If someone "pushes your buttons", it's usually because of their own fears and insecurities. I try to step back and cut things down to size now.

Bless you Mala, I wish you love, peace and joy :joyful:

DanielleMRD likes this.
  9. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, that is a good reminder, Mala! Back in my homeschooling mom days, there was always the equivalent of this 80-year-old dancer. The "perfect" mom who did it all with enough time left over to create the perfect home cooked meal.

We mustn't compare ourselves! (And besides, we never know the WHOLE story anyway.)

And once again, Mermaid, I love what you had to say too.

Love to you both,
    NS

Mala and Mermaid like this.
  10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree about the dancing old lady. She was a dancer all her life and also might have rubber joints.
    I doubt any average person could do anywhere near what she does.

If you can do a box step, that gives you good exercise and enjoyment.

Mala and North Star like this.