1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Trust

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by EileenS, Jun 18, 2015.

1. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

This morning on my local breakfast tv station I watched a video of a Quebec stunt pilot taking his 4-year-old daughter for a ride. It is very cute. The daughter laughs and laughs and says encore! encore! I thought to myself, how wonderful it was at that age when I had complete trust that everything would be all right. Then it hit me that starting today, I would focus on trust. Make my affirmation trust. When that little thought of fear creeps up, I will jump in with trust that everything will turn out all right. I'm not talking about not being safe or being gullible, I mean to trust that everything will be ok unless proven otherwise. After all, no-one can predict the future even it's the next hour, so why not trust? I realize trust will be much harder for some people than others, but I think it's a good way to take on the fear factor we all seem to have cultivated with the onset of tms. So far, I'm finding it's working. My muscles are relaxing without me thinking about them.

SebastianM, Kathleen, PamD and 5 others like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Eileen, Your reliance on trust is wonderful. Trust can come from believing totally that TMS is causing our pain.
    I also add the faith element, trusting that God wants me to heal. We are safe if we believe God is keeping us safe.
    Too strong about religion? I think it's more faith than religion.

3. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Hi Walt, Yes, I do have faith in God. I think faith in the love from a Higher Power is one of the factors that makes it easier for some people to have trust.

4. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

Thanks EileenS, Trust is a good one to remember. Like the little girl or kids on a roller-coaster life can be viewed as an adventure rather than a horror movie.

EileenS likes this.