1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 20 Trigger acknowledgement

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sean, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

A friend once commented that people can get by if only one work and home life is under duress. I agree especially after this 'journey'.
    I have the work trigger(s) sorted enough that I was able to make some positive adjustments. Now it is the other 'half' that I really have to examine...and really my conclusions come as no surprise...in fact they have surfaced but been quickly brushed away...so night I resolve to let it come and keep it in focus to deal with this repressed stuff.

2. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Sean, You are doing the toughest part... facing those emotions that are so much more comfortable to emotionally repress. It takes courage and sometimes it means that the way we've lived our lives need to change, but ultimately, I think this journey is truly liberating. Best wishes to you.
    Janine

3. Sean

Sean New Member

Thanks Janine for your words of encouragement...we seem to be on a bit of a parallel course...I would recommend 'the great pain deception' by Ozanich I u r still up and down with results...he really had a lot to battle and overcome...but he did it...Id be I to see the stats on the TMS age demographic...not too many teens or adolescents I would think...makes sense that the repression builds as time goes by...just meandering there...keep those knees moving:smuggrin:

4. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Thanks Sean. I noticed that you've mentioned the Great Pain Deception a number of times. I look forward to reading it.
    Yes, I'm keeping those knees moving! Went for my 5th walk around a favorite part of the forest. Planning for a Mother's Day walk to another favorite and missed spot that's twice as far!