1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Triamterene -> Upper back pain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Freedom, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

May be a long shot but has anyone here taken Triamterene for tinnitus. Ive been taking for about 13 days. Yesterday and today i've been having terrible pain in my upper left back(like a really strong contraction). It's might be a long shot that they are related but just wondering. Usually ive been able to have most of my TMS either be shorter lived or more of background pain recently (its better than it was a year ago), but this one is really painful.

I am definitely aware of emotional situations that are causing me strife(making a purchase and spending time on something I didn't really want because I felt somewhat obligated to because my friend was so excited about it. Or (seemingly) more important: I can see the end of finishing my masters degree coming up and very worried again about actually being skilled enough for the real world and getting and keeping a proper career).

I've mentioned this in other posts that it doesn't seem to have an affect that I'm simply aware of the situations. I try digging deeper sometimes, but I'm also worried that what if the pain gets worse as I do, or what if it's emotionally overwhelming. And I don't have the time to deal with that weight right now. The times when I do try to dig deeper I haven't felt like I got to any deeper layer. Of course not feeling like I have a way to lower the pain in certain instances makes me more frustrated (due to feeling helpless).

I'm also cyclically afraid of future pain from TMS/stressors. In the past I would be afraid to injure myself, now I'm afraid that I can't control my tms and that I will get the pain from the stressors.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017