1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Treat Stress Related Pelvic Pain physically. Wait, what?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by quert, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jcacciat

jcacciat Peer Supporter

Phaedrus, to answer your question, I would score my recovery at about 95%. I am still working on resolving some trigger points in the glutes, but they don't cause a lot of trouble. I participate in aerobic exercise and I do yoga and I meditate daily, all of which helps keep me healthy. Life is pretty good, and 1000 times better than when I started treatment.

Markus, the treatment protocol and the internal trigger point device have almost nothing to do with the prostate. If you had a virus that attacked the prostate, nothing I have done would have helped you. Different animal altogether. But let me say this: If you had to live 30 seconds with the kind of pain I was experiencing, you would do anything to make it go away, including using the Wise-Anderson device. You have to understand that misdiagnosis and organ removal and other unnecessary invasive treatments are rampant in this area, and these things many times make matters worse. By comparison, the Wise-Anderson device is safe, effective, and no different than any other massage tool except that it is used internally. The FDA has approved the device after years of clinical trials. There have been very few, if any, injuries reported, and the percentage of people who report being helped by the device is over 75%. Many people get a massage or PT for distressed muscles, and many people use massage tools for exterior muscles. This is just a tool that allows a person to reach some muscles that are otherwise difficult to reach. I do not find it to be a laughing matter at all. Chronic pelvic pain is common but underground because of infantile attitudes and the taboo associated with this part of the anatomy.

Also, you should know that Travell is not taught in many medical schools, which is why physicians are clueless about this condition and many others that involve myofascial trigger points. If you think Dr. Travell was brilliant, than all Drs. Wise and Anderson have done is apply her science to the pelvic floor. They give her tons of credit. BTW, in Travell's landmark textbook on myofascial pain, she states that prostatitis is a common misdiagnosis for myofascial pelvic pain. That was published in 1983. She was way ahead of her time.

Phaedrus likes this.