1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Toxic Emotions Can Lead to Serious Health Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sienna, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

mike2014 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for sharing that very interesting article on anger and hatred.
    I've found that forgiving is perhaps the best way to relieve any TMS symptom.
    I did it by journaling and putting myself in the shoes of the people who made me angry.
    I decided they had TMS pain themselves. It made it easier to forgive them.

When all else fails, I laugh it off. Most people aren't worth being angry with. Definitely not worth hating.
    If you hate someone, they win. You may not be able to laugh at them, but laugh inside yourself about them.

I'm angry today that all of the time and station settings on my radio-CD player disappeared.
    Now I have to read the manual to try to re-set everything. At first I was angry, but then I laughed at the piece of metal. It helps.

Sienna likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Nice article. Walks the line between supression and acting out.

Sienna likes this.
  4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Sienna likes this.
  5. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

This is very wise advise Walt, wise and always with a funny note.
    It takes practice to learn to acknowledge emotions.
    I Hope you got your radio settings back.
    Thank you!