1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tough day.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Crissyxox, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

I had a rough day today. I know that I'm in this and the diagnosis is right but somedays are harder than others. Anyone else experience this?

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Yes good day yesterday terrible day today tms is lit up like a xmas tree want to take some extra meds but at the moment i choose to be with pain

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, it's the inner child rebelling :)

4. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

How are you feeling Mike?

5. Lexington

Lexington Peer Supporter

Hi Chrissy really sorry to hear about that. I had a tough one too! Yes we have to stay with this you know it's true it's just not an easy road. I am going to "work" on my outcome independence if that's the word and "just do it". I think i feel how i can do this but hard to explain. Maybe i'll report back about not caring. It's the inner bully that makes me over identify with my problems as if that pressure is the right way to get me going! I thought i needed it to motivate me but it's just abuse!!! I have decided to take more pills (for now) to get going but I spent quite a long time journalling and talking to my inner child in the night. I can be " big me" and meet my grown up commitments if I acknowledge her every day. I wrote a list of what she wants and how I'm going to help her get it. She is rebelling (thanks Mike) and it's right that she is scared and resistant to looking after other people especially including an elderly, ill person. "What about me?" She's yelling. So I have to reassure her, really see her and give her quality time at other times. As for the inner bully and the pain they're like a bad boyfriend I have to stop taking those calls and get out there. But I am going to journal and do therapy/programmes too. Wish me luck I feel quite excited. Keep searching Chrissy and Redsox the answers are within you.
    PS having some success with "square breathing" in for 4, hold for 4, out for 4, hold for 4. Found it randomly on you tube and finding it clicks more than some of the mindful breathing, I think it's the counting.