1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tooth Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by giantsfan, Jul 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

Has anyone here had nagging tooth pain that they overcame using TMS techniques? I had a filling replaced due to age then the new one started hurting, then they did a root canal and now it still hurts (months later). The tooth next to it has a root canal too, how could it hurt if there's no nerve left there due to the root canal? I will say that my nagging sitting pain is gone since having this, which is why I suspect TMS. Thanks for reading!

2. MicheleRenee

MicheleRenee Peer Supporter

from my experience when i first started experiencing more regular tms symptoms tooth pain was one of the rare symptoms i had. my dentist saud its because my root is exposed but i have not had pain there in a few months sooo if it was because the root was exposed id say it would still be there. therfore = tms

3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes you can have serious tooth pain from TMS. First rule out there is an infection at the root tip, this is sadly a possible result of a root canal procedure. A dentist should see this on a X-ray quite easily.
    Then if you are still having doubts, have a look here http://www.triggerpoints.net/symptom/upper-and-lower-molar-tooth-pain-toothache (Upper and Lower Molar Tooth Pain (Toothache) | The Trigger Point & Referred Pain Guide)
    Just look for tender spots on the locations that correspond with the tooth that hurts. Triggerpoints are TMS in my opinion, so only use triggerpoints for diagnosis, don't fall in the trap of treating them.
    good luck

4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

5. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

@MicheleRenee great to hear! Inspiring!

@Gigalos Yeah, well they can't seem to find anything on X-ray so who knows? Haha! At first I thought you were going to tell me all about trigger points, but I've unfortunately been down that path for too long! I see what you mean though :)

@FredAmir Thanks Fred. Unfortunately due to my history with eating disorders I shouldn't really mess around with diet changes. It kind of goes against my belief in TMS too. Thanks for the blog post though, very interesting.

6. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

:) A path not to be taken indeed... but now and again the knowledge I gained comes in handy if somebody complains about pain. I find some TP's and I say 'I bet it is from stress, I am not going to treat it because that is treating the symptom and not the cause...'. It also saved me from at least one trip to the dentist.

giantsfan likes this.