1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tooth pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by mncjl123, Jun 16, 2016.

1. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

I was truly having the best day ever in my TMS healing journey today! I was feeling so thankful until I had my dinner and bit a piece of bacon and now have excruciating tooth pain! There is a filling in this tooth and has never caused a problem.

I am frightened... Fear has come down on me...my face is red with anxiety...I don't want to go to a dentist. Did I crack my tooth, will I have to have painful repair???? All those horrifying questions that go through ones mind!!!!!

Can this be a TMS exacerbation from biting down on something hard?

It's always ffffff""""""@@$$$ something. Can't pain give me a break?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, mncjl. I feel sorry about your tooth pain. I'm like you and most other people... I hate going to the dentist. I lost a filling in one of my teeth a year ago and still have not gone to the dentist. A crack in a tooth may not mean pain... you may just be worrying that it does.

Maybe take a Tylenol which is supposed to be good for toothache relief.

There also are products that can fill a broken or damaged tooth. I've used a product called 3M ESPE cavity temporary filling material.
    Bought it at amazon.com. It replaced the filling and I feel no pain.It's supposed to do what a dentist does and what they use, without drilling.

3. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

thanks.

4. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I kept getting pain in a tooth with a large filling so I went twice to the dentist to have it checked over 6 months, they said there was nothing wrong with it. I have since accepted that it is tms and it no longer bothers me.

Karrie likes this.
  5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Ah yes, tms loves freaking us out with toothy peg pain. The grander term is atypical ondontalgia or phantom tooth pain. Even within orthodox medicine and dentistry it is recognised, so no need to do anything rash. And anyway teeth can remineralise and heal, as can gums. As with so many other accepted ideas, the experts are flat out wrong.