1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Too many video games - First Post

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by coffeenpizza, May 22, 2016.

1. coffeenpizza

coffeenpizza New Member

Hello,

My first post begins with my story...

5 years ago while being in on house arrest(kids being kids)...I played video games for about 10 hours a day at least for a couple months. At the same time girlfriend broke up with me so I developed "tendinitis" or as my doctor said gamers hand..

1 year later after quitting games and all computers it start getting worse.. My forearms , fingers , thumbs.

Fast forward 5 years and the list of jobs I quit because I couldn't work has stacked up..I did manage to drive a truck for a while but then it was too much. Usually takes 3 months and I quit.

Try voice recon on computer for something to do and guess what sore throat...

Last year I bought mind body book and after reading it I was on the computer with a mouse again for 5 hours a day using a software that clicks when you dwell the mouse..

I've spent the last 3 months making and editing videos and I am so happy I can kind of use the computer again.

Last week I was working a lot it started getting worse to the point where I was worried again I couldn't use computer. So I read Healing Back Pain (actually only 100 pages so far) and boom the NEXT Day and beyond It feels better.

It all makes sense now.
    I did just type all the on an iPad which is normally hard to do so. I would say I've reduced the pain 50%

I've tried not fearing doing things like typing this and using the computer without holding back and it seems to be working. Not sure how to take the healing to the next level but we will see

But I'm not quite there. Sometimes I think of a life without this problem and it makes my eyes water.

Thank you for listening and my apologies if this is in the wrong thread

MWsunin12 likes this.