1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Today's activity

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 2BT4U, Nov 18, 2015.

1. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

Re:
    When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity?
    What was this activity?
    How did it make you feel physically and emotionally?
    If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

I've never been the type to exercise ..... I've never thought I needed to because I've always been on the thin side.... However, I've been one who does home renovations ....

One of the activities I had done in the past was doing stone work to our house and also did stonework inside the house where our wood stove was..... The outside stonework took me all summer long one year. The last time I did anything in home renos was staining the outside of our board and batten home.

When I did this type of activity I felt great, it felt like I was doing something worth while that I loved and it was an outlet for me.......But when I stained the house physically, emotionally I was drained and burnt out. OMG it was so hot that year! I believe that was the last time I did that type of activity.

I haven't really felt like doing a whole lot of anything since this all started in Feb. So today I thought I'm going to give it a go..... I went downstairs and found the garland and red bows and dragged it all outside onto the front porch! Something so simple yet to me so hard! I've done it many, many times before but this time it was an effort! I had to come in and sit down a couple of times due to hip and leg pain but I got through it! It felt great finally doing something! I got fresh air and physical activity I've been needing for a while it felt wonderful!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Wendy. Doing anything physical around the house definitely counts as exercise. The garland and red bows must be for Christmas. It's great that you got them onto the porch. It's wonderful that you felt good afterward, from the fresh air and activity. Try to keep doing simple tasks like that each day and you will build strength and confidence.

You might try some of the easy exercise videos for seniors on Youtube. You may not be a senior, but they work for anyone of any age. They have some for sitting and some for standing.

3. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

Thank you Walt for all your replies!

I'm not having a good day today. I had an appointment with a demotoigist who said I have sun damaged skin and I may have skin cancer. Not something I needed to hear so asking the family doctor for a second referral.

I'm having a little bit of a hard time not knowing how to handle this?

So ANYONE out there please post your advice back to me?

I've noticed I have many viewers but only one person responds....seems to be the norm for me....sometimes I wonder why I even bother...

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi wendyS,

I am sorry about the skin cancer diagnosis. I think you are right to seek more opinions, as quickly as possible, both for the possible danger, but also to relieve your mind (hopefully).

I think that many people read most of the posts, but few post. This seems to be the norm. I am sorry that

I know how is to want to be seen, helped, acknowledged, and how painful it is when what I long for does not arrive.

Andy B.

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Also wendyS,
    Fewer people read these SEP posts. If you want support/feedback about the skin cancer piece you might start a new thread up above in "Support Subforum." The title will help get attention.
    Andy B.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your advice and thoughts. Thinking very positive about this calling the doctor in the A.M. for a referral. I'm not going to let this bother me.

Thanks again,

7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Wendy, I'm sorry you're going through a health scare like this. Know that your immune system fights cancer cells as well as viruses and bacteria, so do what you can to boost your immune system with nutrition, water, exercise (as much as you can!) and positive visualizations. I am a true believer in the power of self-healing, even in times when you might be using traditional therapies as well.

8. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Wendy,

I'd like to echo what Jan says, plus I'd like to add... you may wish to explore two books, Gabor Mate -When the body says no and Kelly Turner - Radical Remissions: Surving Cancer against all of the odds. The latter, was written by the founder of the spontaneous remissions project where she has uncovered 9 factors that have led to spontaneous remissions where medicine has failed.

Best regards

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Wendy. I've read that most everyone is low on magnesium which, among many other things, helps build the immune system.
    I suggest you do some web research on magnesium. I've been taking Magnesium Citrate which is supposed to get into the system fastest.
    The brand I buy is called Now. I get it from amazon.com. Also, magnesium is fast absorbed into the body by taking a foot bath of Epsom salts.

Keep positive about the skin cancer. There are great reports of healing.

10. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

Thank you for the post everyone! For some reason I'm not getting notification of these?

I finally have my appointment for second opinion the middle of the month.

Other then that I'm doing good :)

Back to the program!!!....