1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 To tell or not to tell?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by yvettemariabetancourt, Apr 26, 2014.

1. yvettemariabetancourt

yvettemariabetancourt Peer Supporter

I have hesitated to tell people about the TMS books or this program. In my case, I find telling certain people I trust and I think are both smart and intuitive, about TMS and my beliefs I have this. Fortunately, none have been dismissive and none have been skeptical.

However, I generally feel best to lay low on the diagnosis and program during and after. I have not mentioned it to my spine Dr., as I feel he is not progressive enough to hear it, though I do feel he has been 100% positive about my recovery and my ability to heal and pursue the things I love.

Telling or not telling is tricky business because you can sabotage yourself early on if someone is derogatory.

2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I don't tell too many people unless I know they are at their wits end with false diagnoses and tumbling down all the available rabbit holes. It is only then that I will tell people of my experience with TMS recovery. I'm delighted to say that I was able to steer a young woman who has debilitating migraines to a TMS recovery therapist in her area. But she didn't take the action for a whole year of suffering. It takes what it takes. It certainly took me a long to get here!