1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TO HERBIE, CONDOLENCES

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), May 4, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Our friend Herbie told us yesterday that a favorite cousin passed on. It is another sadness for him
    and I want him to know we all share his grief. He was trying to help his cousin with his illness
    but the Lord chose to call him to Himself and a pain-free new life.

Bless you, Herbie, and your cousin, and thank you again for all your caring to TMSWiki members.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and BruceMC like this.
  2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

As Walt says, my profound condolences to you on the occasion of the recent loss of your cousin. People don't think of cousins the same way as brothers or sisters, but I know I was raised alongside my mother's sister's boy almost like a brother. Engaging in adventures, getting in trouble together, working for our adolescent interests behind our parent's backs, etc. etc. etc. You know the routine: the kids' world vs. the adult world? So, it was a real shocker when my cousin died of alcoholism at the very young age of 40. Trust that your strong religious faith sustains you and pulls you through this sad period in your life, which must be intensified by the recent death of your father.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Mala

Mala Well known member

Herbie, so sorry to hear about your cousin. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care.

mala

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you so much Walt, Bruce, Mala. Walt he was like a very close brother. He was 59. Always the one that made you laugh whenever he came over and never have I seen him without a smile.
    Life was a place for him to make it grand and enjoyable and that he did for all who knew him. He started having liver issues when he was very young and has had those issues until he was called home this past Tuesday night.
    We all love Tony and he will always be in our hearts. As a family leader he was very powerful in giving me a personality trait to look at life with a smile at a time that I had lost mine.
    He was Very inspirational and defiantly -- always enjoyed this life. We are allowed to have far to short a time here when I think of it at times. I give him my full gratitude for showing me how to live life to the full with no regrets and a smiling heart.

Gigalos and Mala like this.