1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TO HATE OR FORGIVE

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Oct 17, 2012.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It seems that perspective is the secret to forgiving.
    I've been thinking about those I want or need to forgive and
    about where they were coming from in the pain or distress they caused me,
    and I can find answers that help me to forgive.
    Some were flawed people, others were selfish and
    followed their own agenda without caring how it hurt me or others.
    I'll journal about it this morning and turn it over to my subconscious.
    And for sure forgive myself.

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

I believe it is healthy to set boundaries if there is someone whom we seem to constantly need to forgive. Perhaps limit the time with this person/in this situation.

Don't forget--any conflict we feel can cause emotional and then physical pain. So if you say yes to something you really want to say no to, your body may end up saying no for you.

I would also examine why the person/situation irritates me so much. Is there a part of me I dislike that I see in that person? If we continually find someone/something annoying, there is some digging to do. Perhaps the root cause can be discovered and healed, thus the trigger will cease to exist. I do believe these things can be healed and resolved. There was one person in my past whom I found very irritating; after doing some writing over time, maybe a couple writing sessions, including a feelings letter I wrote to them (did not send), I feel compassion toward this person--no negative feelings at all. It was a wonderful realization when I felt the shift!

And Dr. Z's podcast on forgiveness is a good one!

HUGS everyone

-Lori

3. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Ooh, I have to check out that podcast!