1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 TMS Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cog, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Cog

Cog Peer Supporter

Well, I'm on day 8 of the program. I've been meaning to do this for a long time and I would get stuck at day 1. The main reason is that I didn't prioritize it and make it happen letting other things take my time rather than spend time on this work. So I'm glad that I'm doing it now finally. I think the journaling of past events is causing me to have dreams about my childhood. I've woken up several times and lay there at night thinking about what I was dreaming. I'm a little sleepier in the mornings lately than usual, but I feel more connected to my past. My pains are still there, but I don't feel them as much. I don't think about them as much. I fear less. I'm being active and they aren't getting worse.

The programs asks if I've been able to connect my pains / symptoms to any emotions and I don't think so. I wonder if that will become more obvious in time. There are deep feelings of fear. Perhaps that the main emotion.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Cog. I'm glad you started the SEP and are finding time for it each day. Just a half hour can be fine.
    I noticed that I dreamed more about relationships from my childhood when I began working on my TMS.
    Our unconscious mind seems to know where to go.
    I'm glad you fear less and are being active.
    You're doing great. Take time to enjoy each day. Do things that make you happy.
    Think about the happiest times you've ever had, and with whom you had them.
    That can be a simple as remembering a dinner with a friend or loved one,
    or in a park, tossing a Frisbee to your dog.