1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by SME61, Jan 4, 2017.

1. SME61

SME61 Peer Supporter

1. Hi All As I thought I have been making really good progress, I haven't written in quite a while. I have been dealing with my emotions since my dad passed in early November. However, now my father in law has severe dementia and my wife took a leave of absence from work. This has caused some stress, but up until yesterday (Jan 1), I was dealing with it okay with my pain level not more than a 1-2 and sometimes no pain. However, Sunday I went to the gym and I did my stretching (core stuff) and cardio (elliptical) I do this 3 times a week normally and I cleaned out my closet.
    2. Ready for this!
      Monday at 3:00 AM I woke up to terrible pain hasn't subsided much, the pain was like it was when this whole thing started 17 months ago!
      Needless to say, I am really worried and can't think of much else.
      Hopefully, I have just hit a bump in the road to recovery.

I have fully embraced TMS and completed the SEP, but now am having some doubts. I am also working on the inner child with my therapist. I am now trying McKenzie stretches and doses of Advil every 6 hours. I can walk and work, but have some pain and can't stop thinking about it and analyzing it. Tomorrow I am seeing my physical therapist and I hope that helps. Next week I have a business trip planned and I have to go, so this is coming at a bad time.
    Have you had back and leg pain almost completely go away and then have a flare up?
    Any advice appreciated!

Steve

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Steve. I healed from severe back pain after taking the SEProgram, but when new emotional stresses some up, some back pain returns. It looks like you are under more emotional stress involving relationships and your work. I would look upon your current pain as being temporary. Try not to worry about anything and find ways to relax and enjoy yourself. Remind yourself with a positive mantra that you are going to win this battle.