1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 TMS Treatment Up to Now

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by msagansk, Jul 14, 2014.

1. msagansk

msagansk New Member

Well it's been about 2 weeks since I read "Healing Back Pain" by Dr Sarno and I am a week into this SEP. I am doing much better now, and overall I would say I am 80% healed in terms of physical symptoms.

I've started working out again, playing Ultimate Frisbee, and went for a 3 mile jog yesterday. These are all things I stopped doing due to my mid-back pain that I've had for almost a year now. It took me a long time with trying different structural/physical treatments to realize that none of them were working. Often I think the placebo effect made me think I was getting better with a physical treatment such as improving posture but it would always slide back and get worse in the end.

The only times I really feel pain anymore are when I sit in a comfortable chair or lie down. These were practically unbearable before (I almost wanted to quit my desk job at its worst), so it's certainly better than before my own TMS diagnosis. My plan is to just continue to work on the SEP and reading books on TMS to get to 100%.

Since I have become more attentive to my internal state, I have noticed that I feel quite anxious almost all the time. My only relief is when I first get up in the morning or if I have a good meditation session. Otherwise, I feel quite tight in my chest due to the anxiety. My life is pretty calm right now, there aren't any huge stressors or problems and I'm actually on vacation! So I'm not sure why I still have this anxiety and what to do about it, other than just pay attention to it and let it be.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

msagansk, you're doing great. Your progress is wonderful after just two weeks.
    Just keep up the exercise and positive thinking.