1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 TMS Treatment so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Onbts, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Onbts

Onbts New Member

Progress so far has been significant. Myofascial trigger points and was living in constant dread of increasing my pain. Heard the audiobook of The Mind-Body Prescription and started following this forum, starting from the pain recovery program recommended on YouTube by Liz Bills. I am a keyboardist and vocalist by passion and a 21-year-old undergraduate student by profession. As for my diagnosis, I have become more confident in it. When there's pain I tell myself it will go away and it does. Indifference can be helpful. Pain, however, I do realize happens when I feel stressed emotionally after some trigger. Though my anxiety has been wired for long, I believe I can take care of life tasks slowly as I get better. I genuinely wish for better from this point onwards. Dr. Howard Schubiner has helped a lot in unraveling the neural pathways and the part of the brain that switches and learn to create symptoms as a way to protect us. Journaling has been good, though the pain comes back while I journal, I do feel that it's slowly leaving me. I completed one of my tasks from my journal and felt satisfactory. I feel safe here. <3 Sending you all love and light.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Vedra

Vedra Peer Supporter

Glad to hear of your progress. I too feel pain when doing journal tasks and blamed it on the act of writing, gripping the pen and pressing but then realised that it was the pain from thinking of the subject I was writing about and bad memories of completing reports to a deadline in the past; in other words, repressed emotions. I sometimes vary the straightforward journal bit by keeping a supply of small pieces of paper and a very small pencil in my pocket when walking so that I can make jottings as I think of things (having decided on a subject for the day) and then the act of writing takes second place. The choice of whether to read all the bits and understand it as a cojent whole or shred the whole lot is up to me to decide!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Vedra

Vedra Peer Supporter

in spite of 'cojent' [sic] !

JanAtheCPA likes this.