1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tms treatment in-between ongoing medical tests

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Shajarcito, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Shajarcito

Shajarcito Peer Supporter

Hi,
    I misplaced my full post on my weakness symptoms in the general sub-forum. So I copied it now to the support sub-forum for further discussion and support.
    However, I can tell here that I just saw the other post on the muscle weakness in legs -very interesting. It helped a bit.
    Still, I want to discuss here a more general related issue that is relevant to his thread as well-
    What is the technique to deal with ongoing medical tests?
    Its a long process to rule out neurological diseases, while many of them are diagnosed on clinical base..
    As we know from TMS theory, each medical test or visit at the Neurologist's office could be scary and a trigger for more symptoms.. This could process for years..
    So what is the tip for tms treatment in-between medical tests/doc visits?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    nowa likes this.
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I was told by the hand surgeon that muscle weakness in my fingers was a concrete proof that I needed a surgery, or at least steroid injections. My neurologist said the same. I no longer have any muscle weakness, as you can imagine.

You have to pretty much use all tools possible to convince yourself not to believe them. I literally spent days on this forum, reading post after post to convince myself. You can read my success story in the thread on success stories. I am forever grateful to everyone who responded to my desperate questions or had already posted on relevant topics prior. People on this forum are gold. Believe them!

nowa likes this.
  3. LaughingKat

LaughingKat Peer Supporter

@Shajarcito I fear the same diseases you do, probably because they're the scariest and therefore the most distracting. I've done more reading than I probably should have about them, and visited a couple of neurologists. The thing about these diseases is that it's not one test and done. The testing could go on for years and years. Have you found any doctor (a TMS doctor or someone else) who will reassure you that you probably have not got a terrible disease? Because that is the truth. I saw Dr. Rashbaum in NY and he told me I had all the signs of TMS. I'm still on the journey but that was an important first step.

As part of the journey, I have realized that most (not all, but most) conventional medical doctors are toxic. They are never going to say, these symptoms are caused by anxiety and tension and repressed emotions. They will test and test and test and test. They will put all kinds of scary ideas in your mind. Trust that you will know if something really needs to be checked out by a medical doctor. In the meantime, work on your TMS healing.

My best to you.

nowa and TG957 like this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I add that during this "period of time of uncertainty" that you practice some TMS treatment techniques which will serve you, should you go this route in the long run.
    ---Mindfulness practice which includes following the breath, sensations, sensing into your feeling nature, etc. developing a capacity to stay centered
    ---Which includes a sense of being in contact with this moment. This moment is usually pretty safe, despite our fears.
    ---Reassuring yourself and working with fears in whatever way you're drawn to: self-statements, affirmations, journaling, bringing your attention to pleasure or contact with self or other, etc. to remove yourself from immersing in habitual fear.

I'm sure while you're waiting, these and other basic TMS practices which you might be drawn to will serve you.

nowa and TG957 like this.
  5. Shajarcito

Shajarcito Peer Supporter

Thanks you all, for the support and the actionable advice.
    As I have some breathing difficulties, meditation or breathing techniques might be tricky for me,
    but I'll try them anyway.
    Thanks again

nowa likes this.
  6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Following your breath can be as simple as noticing your breath. Very easy, and it gives the mind something to focus on besides the monkey mind! This is helpful when you're worried about diagnoses.

Or, you can do a breath practice of counting 4 on the inhale and 6 on the exhale. This will stimulate the lungs and help the mind relax...

nowa and Shajarcito like this.
  7. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

You may be in for surprise. I heard stories about people whose asthma disappeared after meditation or other mindbody modalities. Give it a try!

nowa and Shajarcito like this.
  8. nowa

nowa Peer Supporter

I also have breathing difficulties which interfere with meditation, I am sure they are TMS symptoms, and I will start a thread about them

TG957 and Shajarcito like this.