1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Therapist - Insurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by rcal43, May 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. rcal43

rcal43 New Member

Hi, I currently do not feel able to afford a therapist, there are a few links for therapists on the wiki that say they take insurance, but when I checked with them, they do not or they're not practicing. Does anyone know of a therapist who is fully or partially covered by insurance? I have Aetna if that's helpful. Happy to do Zoom with them so any USA location isn't an issue. Than you! Ryan

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Ryan,

I don't know of any myself, however, one tool that my readers have found very helpful is my TMS questionnaire. It helps you rate the common mental and emotional habits, such as negative thought patterns, perfectionism, and worrying, that are quite common among TMSers.

Once you know which ones you need to focus on hopefully you will find enough information online that you can make significant progress on your own. Here's the link
    Questionnaire | rapidrecovery (fredamir.com)

3. braveheart

braveheart Peer Supporter

If you can afford some out of pocket costs you might consider a TMS coach. Many are less expensive than TMS counselors. Most see clients via Zoom. I believe some are listed here, as well as on the Psychophysiological Disorders Association website and SimplySarno website.