1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS testimonials for inability to empty your bladder cured?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by magicbob, Mar 6, 2021.

1. magicbob

magicbob New Member

Correct.
    I am very happy to hear you lead a normal life now and so sorry you had to go through this.

miffybunny likes this.
  2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh thank you so much! I was very lucky to have had the surgery. If I had lived in another century it would have been catastrophic (I probably would have died tbh lol...women died a lot in childbirth). I do think you situation is very much reversible . I don't purport to know anything about the prostate at all, but I think using this approach can take you very far into normalcy.

3. magicbob

magicbob New Member

I see you have gratitude. Me too. I am still very grateful for what I have.

Balsa11 and miffybunny like this.
  4. miffybunny

Yes, very much so!! I wrote a long letter to the surgeon thanking him.

5. Olalola

Olalola New Member

@miffybunny, the muscles should still be able to relax and go back to normal length/position once the emotional tension is resolved, correct?
    For some reason I have this thought that maybe after such a long time for a muscle to be in constant spasm, the muscles actually forgot how to relax and work properly anymore. It is just a nonsense fear thought, right?

Thanks in advance!

6. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Yep, you got it!

7. magicbob

magicbob New Member

Are you confirming once TMS solves the problem, the muscles will be able to relax and go back to normal? Are you a doctor? I ask because I never thought about this, so now I have one new worry :-(

8. miffybunny

The body always goes back to its default state of normal. The muscles won't stay tensed permanently. We aren't designed that way. The mind first, and the body follows suit. Lose the inner (emotional) tension, lose the body tension.

Balsa11 likes this.
  9. Balsa11

Yepp

10. Balsa11

No I'm not a doc but I got rid of my pelvic spasms by relaxing. Same for any kind of spasm.

11. bertpg44

bertpg44 New Member

Ayyy!! Good news brother! I had chronic pelvic pain for 3 yrs and started recovering from it in the beginning on 2021! And I’m here to tell you I had that annoying symptom! Burning, frequency, and you guessed it! Inability to fully empty my bladder! I’d start a decent flow then I’d stop in the middle or towards the end. Then I was just stuck with that annoying feeling that I didn’t fully finish peeing. It’s just your fear response bro. Don’t give it attention! No matter how painful or annoying do your best to not react to it! Take time during the day to feel your emotions then just go about your day! Even if you have to take that symptom with you. It took me a while… but that symptom too shall pass! :)

12. joguerr

joguerr New Member

I am late to this thread but desperately could use some thoughts on my situation. I had cervical cancer in 2004 and with it lots of radiation and brachotherapy. Since then I have had issues with my bowels. 2 years ago, however, I began having urinary retention. Unable to fully empty my bladder. They say that due to the radiation, communication between my brain and nerves in my bladder is not fully working anymore. While I can urinate on my own, I don't fully empty. To that end I have needed to do self catheterization intermittently throughout the day which has created lots of UTIs. It's a vicious cycle. I've spoken to a doctor who believes it is TMS. But I'm having trouble believing that, since I had radiation and I have experienced the manifestation that comes along with it. Anything that you read about radiation in the pelvic area points to long-term side effects. I've even had a neuromodulator placed in my lower back to help stimulate the bladder, but that also has failed. Can I have so many issues and treatments to resolve the cancer but be left only with TMS at this point? Thanks in advance.