1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS Symposium in NYC

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Here's a copy of what I take to be a TMS meet-up in NYC I just received, they are Sarno-esque psychologists and have a recent book out. If someone could translate this into English it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.pathwaystopainrelief.com/

****************************************************************************************************

CLINIC SYMPOSIUM
    This symposium is sponsored by the Clinic of the Postdoctoral Program. The aims of the Clinic Symposium are to enhance clinical understanding and promote psychoanalytic education.

Increased Affect Tolerance
    A Pathway to Pain Relief in the Treatment of Psychophysiologic Pain Disorders

Eric Sherman, Psy.D., presenter

Graduate, NYU Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis;
    Co-Author (with Frances Sommer Anderson) of Pathways to pain Relief (2013);
    Independent practice, NYC.

Friday, March 20, 2015
    2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

240 Greene Street
    3rd Floor Conference Room
    New York, NY 10003

From the presenter:
    For many psychoanalytically-oriented clinicians treating patients with psychophysiologic pain disorders, uncovering repressed rage has become the holy grail. Using case material, I will demonstrate how for many patients, helping them increase their affect tolerance is a more effective approach with respect to resolving their pain symptomatology.

[​IMG]
    Eric Sherman, Psy.D., presenter
    Copyright © 2015 Pathways to Pain Relief, All rights reserved.
    Pathways to Pain Relief is an extension of the pioneering work of John E. Sarno, M.D., Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, by Dr. Frances Sommer Anderson & Dr. Eric Sherman.

Our mailing address is:
    Pathways to Pain Relief
    140 E 40 St
    Suite 12A
    New York, NY 10016

http://www.pathwaystopainrelief.com/

***************************************************************************************************

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I certainly agree that repressed rage causes physical pain. I stopped having severe back pain after
    learning about Dr. John Sarno and the theory of TMS repressed emotions causing pain.

I hope that the NYC symposium helps doctors to better accept this and stop pushing pills or surgery

I also hope that a report of the findings from the symposium will be written in plain English.

IrishSceptic and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Tom, your post got me thinking. I'm going to start another thread that I hope may hope with the decoding.... I'll post here when I'm done with that.

Tennis Tom likes this.