1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS strategy vs. conventional medicine

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by DWA, Jun 1, 2021.

1. DWA

DWA Peer Supporter

Thanks BloodMoon, I had already looked into the hypnotherapy for IBS as I figure that is the least that I have. There are some YouTube videos to get you started. Can't hurt to try...

TrustIt and BloodMoon like this.
  2. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Good idea! I hadn't thought of looking on YouTube. I'm going to do that - thanks!

TrustIt likes this.
  3. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

Yes, I just looked at YouTube and there are tons of them there.

BloodMoon likes this.
  4. BloodMoon

@DWA could I ask what happened about the GERD -- did you discover it was TMS and it went away? I've been experiencing silent reflux aka laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR) and think that it's probably TMS.

5. DWA

DWA Peer Supporter

Since discovering TMS later in life, I often wonder if my GERD symptoms were TMS related. I would guess not, but could have played a small role. When I was in my 20's I was eating a lot of late night food and drinking a lot of take home pay and I think it was as simple as that. Once I outgrew that phase and learned how to eat better and when to eat etc. the symptoms eat lessened. Late night eating, fried foods, alcohol were no no's. If I lived clean, my GERD problems were few. To this day, if I have a night out with poor diet and some drinks, I'll have the GERD when I lay down, so this tells me it is structural and not TMS...

BloodMoon likes this.
  6. BloodMoon

Ah, okay, thanks for explaining, @DWA. I have to say that my silent reflux is also a lot better when I don't eat close to bedtime.

7. DWA

DWA Peer Supporter

Follow up: I had the colonoscopy last week. I had started to feel more normal in the few days before the procedure, but decided it was best to follow through with it. Findings were mostly normal. They did find a rather large polyp which has been sent out for biopsy, and also diverticulosis in descending colon, but no obvious sign of tumor or UC or the like. Still no word form my Gastroenterologist, but I'm feeling much better with the core symptoms that had relentlessly bothered me for 5 to 6 weeks, so I'm thinking this was IBS flare, which was brought on by stress and poor diet choices. In other words...TMS. So that is how I will treat it. No more medical tests for me. Just hoping it stays gone now that the symptoms have reduced.

BloodMoon and FredAmir like this.