1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS sent me a message...I listened

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by levfin003, Sep 25, 2015.

1. levfin003

levfin003 Peer Supporter

As I continue my healing from TMS, I realize that TMS was desperately trying to send me a message. My subconscious was screaming its lungs out, asking me to alter my people-pleasing behaviour and be more assertive about my needs. The good thing is that I listened. I hope that this would allow me to bring positive change in my life, and of those who are important to me, and leave behind those who I have been unsuccessfully trying to please for ages (abusive father and his family).

Boston Redsox and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Levfin. This is terrific. You know that TMS is causing your symptoms. You are dealing with your "goodist" people-pleasing self and are sorting out who to please and who to stop pleasing.

Anyone who is abuse to others, like your father and his family, don't deserve your efforts. It you can't take care of your own needs, you won't be able to help those who deserve it. Be kind to yourself and it will help you to be kind to others who deserve it.

Boston Redsox and Lizzy like this.