1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS seems to be making things worse

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Desertdao, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Desertdao

Desertdao Newcomer

I have had 27 treatments and not only do I not feel any better but I feel worse. Started feeling worse about 12 treatments in. Experiencing a much heightened desire to isolate, not talkative at all and feel the need to avoid all conversation, my emotions feel completely flatlined, nothing brings me any joy at all...nothing, not even the things that used to. My friends and co-workers are all very concerned and have been commenting that I seem to be sliding downhill. I started TMS after the buproprion I had taken for 7 years completely stopped working. That was the 8th antidepressant I have been on and the only one that gave me any relief from the severe depression and daily suicidal thoughts I've experienced since I was 12. I started TMS five months after I stopped taking the buproprion. I'm 55 now and scared and so sad that the TMS therapy is not just not working but making me feel worse. I am a social worker and work with the chronically homeless and do HIV testing and education. "Being up" for work and my clients is exhausting me and i feel at the end of my rope and out of choices and out of hope.

2. Everly

Everly Peer Supporter

Hey Desertdao. Sounds very rough. Can I ask - How exactly is TMS approach making it worse? Are there changes in symptoms?

3. Desertdao

Desertdao Newcomer

So sorry, I was not paying attention last night that this TMS forum is not for Transcranial magnetic stimulation therapy treatment.

4. Everly

Everly Peer Supporter

Oh yeah, those both have the same acronym. I do suggest you check out what our TMS is all about, might be the thing you are looking for. Good luck!

5. Ewok

Ewok Peer Supporter

Tension Myoneural Syndrome or The MindBody Syndrome is a treatment for depression too. Stick around and have a look while you're here or read:

The MindBody Prescription by John Sarno, MD or The Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich.

6. Pinerl

Pinerl Newcomer

Hi desetdao, my name is Risa and I have had a very similar experience to the tms you are talking about. There is a group of us trying to start a class action lawsuit. Please email me at pinerl@guilford.edu

7. Pinerl

Pinerl Newcomer

Hey please email me about tms pinerl@guilford.edu

8. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

Yes, do stick around And research depression at the top of the page where you can search. I've taken that anti-depressant before, was very good but I eventually stopped taking all of them. But you could probably get some great information by just doing a search here.

9. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

I've done the therapy you're talking about and I felt weird. If it's the same thing I'm thinking.
    That being said getting off anti- depressants has not cured my TMS. I'm reading some of the literature for the first time , like I had not noticed what it really said!