1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Practitioners Accepting Insurance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Darin, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Darin

Darin Newcomer

Hi All,

I'm looking for a TMS-trained therapist for help with managing anxiety (and corresponding TMS symptoms).

The list below seems to be a tad outdated and it isn't clear which providers accept insurance:
    https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist (Find a TMS Doctor or Therapist)

I live in Maryland and face-to-face sessions would be ideal. Though virtual sessions could work as well.

Thanks in advance for any tips or recommendations!
    Darin

2. Darin

Darin Newcomer

Oops - I didn't realize the "Survey Response" link for each provider indicates whether they accept insurance. My bad!

However, if you're reading this and you know of a therapy provider in Maryland that accepts insurance, and is not on the list, I'm all ears/eyes :)

3. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

hi Darin: he does not accept insurance, but I saw Dr. Harold Goodman, an osteopath, for the first time this week, in person, and will go back. He is in Silver Spring, MD. He is a real old-school healer kind of guy.

I wrote a brief recap of my visit in this General Discussion forum a few days ago. Dr Goodman also has a post on here of him resolving his own insomnia TMS. He knew Dr. Sarno. But he does not take any insurance. I think mainly just so that he can limit his practice to seeing only a few patients/day.

4. Darin

Darin Newcomer

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check him out