1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS, PMS, and TMZ

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Livvygurl, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Sometimes when TMS is said repeatedly it sounds like PMS and it gets funny when guys start complaining of having it. My new code word when I am having pain is just saying “TMS” to myself, like identifying it, and then I think “I know you are there you can’t fool me anymore!” Anyhow sometimes I think of TMZ in relation to all this and I chuckle because celebrity gossip websites have little to do with pain disorders at this time ;)

Forest and Shanshu Vampyr like this.
  2. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

PPD sounds like the tuberculosis skin test, too. :)

3. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

We need a better name for it for sure. And I'm not a fan of PPD...I think anything with the word "psycho-" in it is going to turn people off.

Isn't PPD post partum depression? That's what I always think of when I hear that.

4. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

I used to think that PPD was People Pleasing Disorder (hahaha).

5. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

Well, someone on here just recommended OB/GYN Lissa Rankin, MD to me, so I guess I could say my PMS is acting up. :D

JanAtheCPA and Livvygurl like this.
  6. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, there is a company here that does road works called TMS. I think it stands for Transport Maintenance Service or something. I saw a sign up when they were repairing my road that TMS on it and took a double take.

7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

The one I often see in TMS searches is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. But if you google just "tms" the whole first page is devoted to anything but our TMS.

8. Lori

Lori Well known member

I like mind/body issue though we use TMS as well (I'm being asked what I'm "tms-ing" about because my back hurts LOL)

Lissa Rankin has some good information and she's entertaining at the same time.