1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS/Pain Psychologist in Arizona

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by eightball776, Sep 16, 2018.

1. eightball776

eightball776 Well known member

I wasn't sure where else to post this, but I'm having a terrible time finding a mental health professional with experience in this area that is located somewhere in the Phoenix-metro area & will also accept my insurance. Arizona seems to be one of the only states not even listed in the practitioner directory, and the options for remote treatment are just not affordable for me right now.

While I've never really gotten much out of therapy in the past (I've given it a good try a number of times over the years), I've hit a point where I'm not making any progress on my TMS using the tools & self-directed programs that helped me banish my back pain many years ago.

Finding a practitioner that is really familiar with MBS & Dr. Sarno's work seems harder than it should be. I can throw a rock and hit a dozen chiropractors and pain management centers, and am thinking there has to be someone & maybe the provider directory hasn't been updated in a while.

Any referrals appreciated.