1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS or something else?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kev74, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Kev74

Kev74 Peer Supporter

For the second time in two months my left leg is causing me trouble. It feels like I've sprained a muscle in my left thigh and it's very painful to walk on. The thing is I didn't do anything that would cause it. Most of the time I'm sitting down. The doc suggested my lack of physical activity could cause it, but I'm not so sure. I have no idea what else it could be. Any ideas?

2. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

I only know from my own personal experience that I've had all kinds of pains that felt like an injury but turned out to be just TMS. Now when I experience them, I don't buy in and try as much as possible to stay on course and not give it too much attention. If you don't know how you injured your leg and the pain was there before and went away, I would be confident that it is TMS and not focus on the pain but the emotional and psychological instead.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Kev, Anne gives you good advice. Try not to pay too much attention to the pain.
    And don't associate it with sitting because that would condition you to feel the pain whenever you sit.

It's "just" TMS. Recognize your repressed emotions and accept and forgive and let go.

Use affirmations: "I'm not in pain." "I feel great." "I'm happy."

4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Kev74,
    I totally understand how you must feel. Presently, I also have pain in my upper left thigh also and when I try to walk and put pressure
    on my leg it makes it so difficult to walk. It started about two days, ago. I also did not do anything that I would have pulled a muscle.

I tried on Friday to go and get a haircut. My husband had to really assist me. At first, I thought I will just cancel my appt. Then,
    my husband said don't let this rule your life. So, off we went to the hairdresser. I had to hold onto my husband so tight and just
    about crawled into the hairdressers. It was really a sight. I could barely walk but I did it. Then I made it home.

Then, today I could barely walk but I decided to go out with my husband for a short ride to get out of the house. I don't want
    these symptoms to think they rule. I was loving to myself but also wanted to tell my brain that these tricks are not going to work anymore

Right now I am laying on the couch where I may have to stay all day but trying not to get discouraged. I not trying to analyze what
    is going on but realize it is just another ploy of this TMS. I think my loving husband gets frustrated and would like me to go for
    physical therapy.

Has anyone had these symptoms that Kev74 and I are having?