1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS or not TMS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Genghis, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Genghis

Genghis New Member

Hello everyone. I am posting to get your opinion on my situation. I picked up Dr. Sarno's book a little over a month ago. Since then I have actually seen some improvements and I'm quite impressed with the results. My situation is a little weird, however. Firstly, I push myself a little bit last week and I'm feeling the pain because of it.

My pain did not start like a normal person's. Long story short I was on antidepressants for about four years and started to develop pain in my neck and head while on them. This subsided but I tapered my dosage over a period of three months until I was no longer on them. After I discontinued I noticed tingling in my legs for a few months which went away. Four months later I was out drinking one night and a few days later I started having electrical bolts fire through my entire body. This subsided for a couple of months and then one day as I was going into work (a job that I hate) I noticed my feet were very painful. Over the course of a week this pain worked its way up my entire legs into my back and I thought it was a massive bulging disc. The pain was so horrendous and affects me to this day. I went to physiotherapy, massage therapy had MRIs done but there was no bulge. No structural abnormalities. I suffered and continue to suffer with leg pain for almost 2 years now.

A year after I got the leg pain, I started getting arm pain. I was getting a procedure done by physiotherapist to treat the arm pain and I thought he went overboard. I did some exercises in the subsequent weeks which again I thought hurt my arms. Now my arms are in very strange amounts of pain. Burning and crushing and very difficult to carry on day-to-day. Everything has been ruled out medically except for maybe myofascial pain syndrome or some other syndrome.

I would really like some advice on my situation as I have noticed the TMS procedure is working. This week is a significant upset as I did so much last week but it is hard to say what the heck is going on.

Thank you for the information,

Kindest regards,

Genghis

2. David88

David88 Well known member

Welcome to this site, Genghis.

TMS recovery is rarely a straight line. Expect that you will have good days and bad days, good weeks and bad weeks. One symptom will vanish and a new one will take its place.

Keep working on the TMS program with patience and self-compassion. You've only known about Sarno for a month. Give yourself time.

David.

3. Genghis

Genghis New Member

It is certainly being a bizarre journey. The symptoms are often indescribable in my case. Tingling, burning, aching electric zaps dull pain. I must continue to have faith in the process as quite frankly I have seen more progress in last month (with the exception of this week) that I have in all of my time in pain.

Thank you for the kind words David it means a lot.

Brad

David88 likes this.