1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS onset

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jula, May 13, 2020.

1. jula

jula Peer Supporter

I know, thank you so much for the support. I will continue SEP and look for a TMS therapist.

2. jula

jula Peer Supporter

Unfortunately, I am sure have been floxed. I still experience some tingling in one feet and hand but this one has started to dissipate, I only have it occassionally, mostly in the evening or when I am tired. I had some inflammation in one tendon in my ultrasound (mild though), I also have a sharp pain in my Achilles tendons when walking, the same thing occasionally in my elbows, shoulders. The doctor said that multiple tendon issues are pretty much indicative of toxicity. It's not real inflammation but probably some microchanges in the structure of tendons. My pains depend on the day. I cannot compare them to anything I have ever felt in my life. I had never had any problems with any tendons before all that. However, I am no longer obsessing, no longer crying, the anxiety has calmed down a loooot. I think the anxiety was the worst part of it. Being in pain is bad too but anxiety multiples it by 100. I am hopeful those problems will resolve in the future as many people have recovered and my reaction was milder, I would say. I didn't swell, rupture anything (knock on the wood), get numb, get bedridden or lose my vision/hearing, as some people did. I take supplements recommended by a naturopathic doctor I went to. They will help my body heal. If in a years' time I am not any better, I will go and have an ultrasound to see if there are any changes in my tendons and if not - I will start getting active and treat it as TMS. For now I don't want to put too much strain on my body. Still, I am hopeful that these issues will start improving.

But I am not leaving this forum, I am journaling, I 100% believe in TMS. I want to tackle my long-lasting stomach issues and chronic fatigue as TMS. When a real problem occured - floxing - my stomach issues improved. Some issues disappeared overnight, some come back but quickly go away, some are still there but much less bothering unless I overdo with raw food (I hate this, raw veggies and fruit give me awful discomfort, more that a packet of crisps). I need to follow a diet but I no longer obsess that much. And if I have a worse day, I try not to focus on negative thoughts, such as "OMG, this will never go away" and so on. The fatigue has also been a problem I have had for quite a while now, I would describe it as not really being dizzy but on the edge of being dizzy. I have very low blood pressure and low vitamin D, I also need to check my thyroid and I also try to work with it but I know it's mostly my brain.

I'm slowly coming back to life, I have more work, more to do and it's better than lying around obsessing about what bad might happen.

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Did u get bettwr? Mine has been up and down a lot especially when I wake up the burning hits hard and allodynia too.

Balsa11 likes this.
  4. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

just re read all so true lot of fear and anxiety and symptoms discussing in the post by me I know I shouldn’t be doing that. So crazy I read about burnint n have been having it all morning.

5. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

That's a good question, Karim.
    We are not sure about this. There are many features of this that certainly seem like TMS to me.
    Do you have or have you had any other symptoms of TMS?
    Do you find that these symptoms come and go; or are quite variable; or are they triggered by certain stimuli?
    Best, Howard

Howard Schubiner, MD
    Director, Mind Body Medicine Program, Department of Internal Medicine, Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield, Michigan, USA
    Clinical Professor, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine

It is important to recognize that the information contained in this email cannot be considered to be specific medical diagnoses, medical treatment, or medical advice. General information about MBS/TMS is contained in response to questions, but you will need to decide if this information is relevant to your situation and, as always, you should consult with your physicians and counselors regarding your situation, any symptoms and any decisions about your medical conditions, your medications or activities.
    He doesn’t know

6. hollywood

hollywood New Member

Burning / Tingling = anxiety / tms . Been there and done it. You will be fine.

Balsa11 likes this.
  7. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Hey hollywood,
    Do you live in hollywood too? Cause I do haha
    But yeah have had burning tingling for over 3 years got two it went away or atleast would move or go away when I would workout a lot. This year I got caught up in it and it’s stayed way longer maybe cause I focused on it or feared it. Some days are still horrible but some getting better. any tips and tricks or advise on what u did to make it stop or reassure myself it’s just anxiety and how to shut it and move back in life???

8. Miss Metta

Miss Metta Peer Supporter

I LOVE this reply. It made me think about my current crop of symptoms, which is severe digestion problems; constant reflux, LPR, and a feeling that I'm full all the time so I'm eating less. It's so bad I have to sit up almost vertically to sleep or I end up coughing and choking on reflux. I had a gastroscopy in Oct 2021 so when these symptoms cropped up about 3 months ago, I knew it wasn't cancer or a hernia or anything severe. I started PPI treatment (Nexium) which worked for a few weeks then stopped working. I can tell you I was not surprised, I was anticipating that it might, because it's happened before. So when I reflect on the symptoms in light of what you just said, "the distractions are nicely tuned" I got to asking myself what was going on around the time it all flared up again. And the answer was, I'd decided that I needed to gain some weight if I am to ever build the muscle I want to. I've been training for years without much growth, and everything I've read suggests that I need to eat more. So what happens? I develop symptoms that make me not feel like eating, and instead of building up, I'm breaking down, and have lost 6 kg in 6 months without wanting or needing to. Something about gaining weight - even if some of it is muscle - seems to terrify me. Something about eating more sets of panic alarms, even while I'm reassuring myself that it's ok. Of course it could be something other than this as there's loads of things I can or should or would be enraged about, loads of things I fear, but if I were to make a connection between what's going on in the head and resulting symptoms, for me , that would be it. I loved your post, it got me thinking.

Baseball65 likes this.
  9. Miss Metta

Miss Metta Peer Supporter

I have had this sort of thing come and go, come and go. You are likely very ok.