1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS onset

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jula, May 13, 2020.

1. jula

jula Peer Supporter

This is so annoying! It sent me into an overdrive yesterday and I am recovering from a panic attack today.

2. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

I know it sucks I actually managed to get so much better last two years actually just this year it’s been horribly mainly since I set out to eliminate it.. the harder I’m trying to research find answers the worse I’m getting

3. jula

jula Peer Supporter

I think I sent my body into constant fight or flight and I cannot relax at all. This is why new symptoms keep popping up. I am trying hard to break the cycle.

4. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Yes same. Totally agree. It’s the content worry and hyper vigilance we have for symptoms it’s like we can’t stop monitoring from the moment u wake up to the time u go to bed constantly
    Have u noticed that when u worry it gets worse or that u can sometimes just think about them n they come even though they weren’t there 5 mins ago? Also u said u have all nerve symptoms too right like burning tingling in calf’s legs and pins and needles. I hate em

5. jula

jula Peer Supporter

Absolutely. When I start panicking over a new symptom the other ones that were already gone start cropping up. For example one of my first symptoms was burning and now it only comes when I panic, the more I panic, the more burning I get, the longer it stays.

6. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Yes same also weirdly the more I talk about a sympotms that becomes the symptom of the week like last week was burning legs this week is horrible tingling and twitching u can actually even see my calves tingling it makes me so mad cause all this had almost stopped and I was back in life you know.
    Has anyone else advices u on anything that helps?

7. jula

jula Peer Supporter

I think we need to break the cycle but how to do that at this point is beyond me. I will be trying though.

8. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

I mean basically in the past I honestly started working out and got busy with life things u know.. slowly it started only happening at night when I was alone n then slowly it started even going away then.. it’s just last 2-3 months where something is going on all the time. I can’t belive though we have exact same symptoms and it’s so tough to tell yourself your nerves are not damaged when they are firing non stop.

9. Emhaynes12

Emhaynes12 Newcomer

I also have this burning pain. I’ve had it for 8 years. It came right when I was healing from an eating disorder. Mine is worse with stress. It’s fairly constant. It started with a burning across my chest but not like heart burn. It feels like burning nerve pain. Now I feel it in my legs sometimes and in my face. I do think it’s TMS but i also fight fear that it could be something else.

10. jula

jula Peer Supporter

My problems started 3 weeks ago, before that I had anxiety and stomach problems for years but never had neurogical issues. This is why it’s so scary. In the last weeks I had burning, tingling, pins and needles, numbness, shooting pains, muscle spasms, twitching, fasciculations, blurry vision. This sucks.

Drew likes this.
  11. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Yeah and it just randomly started for you? I mean honestly nervous system outer drive or sympathetic nervous system turnin in or flight or fight sorta seems the best explanation to you too right? I just feel sad cause I thought it was gone and it’s back and I have been working it’s nerve disease ir why else it would come back so strong?

12. jula

jula Peer Supporter

I scared myself into an antibiotic toxicity and got like 1 symptom, started obsessing, which sent me into an anxiety state. And more symptoms started appearing. And I am scared it is the toxicity. Waiting for a neurologist appointment.

13. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Well we have same symptoms so I don’t think it’s toxicity my symptoms literally increase the more I panic or more I write about it that doesn’t happen if it’s an organic cause

14. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Also going to neurologist made my symptoms sooo much worse cause I was panicking a lot.

15. Emhaynes12

Emhaynes12 Newcomer

What did your neurologist say was the cause

16. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Do you also have any areas or patches the are sensitive to. Logging it rubbing? One of my knees is super sensitive to thinks then it got good then back to bad.

17. jula

jula Peer Supporter

I had this last week, back of my knees and my arms form wrists to elbows. As if they were sunburnt. Touching them killed me. They ever hurt without anything. Now it's gone but I still have other issues. The burning is clearly associated with panic attacks. Right now I have tingling. And blurry vision in one eye. Plus some shooting pains here and there. I am either falling apart or my anxiety kicked my nervous system out of balance. This is the most scary thing ever. I was familiar with anxiety symptoms (not my first time with anxiety) but not the neuro ones to that extent. Or maybe they did not scare me in the past. I don't know.

18. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Omg yes. My left knee has that sun burnt feeling it actually goes away so many times then comes back so weird. And yes burning is crazy when I’m in a panicked state. Tingling in legs is the worst it’s like a thousand insects crawling everywhere and sometimes they bite harder then other times. I feel we both have sensitized our nervous system by panicking and now just paying sooo much attention to it.

19. jula

jula Peer Supporter

Absolutely, sensitization and paying too much attemtion to symptoms. It has been my problem forever.

20. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Do u have worse symptoms when u wake up? Even when u were ok before sleeping ?