1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS onset, slow, quick, medium!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by thecomputer, Dec 26, 2016.

1. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

Hi Everyone

I am interested in peoples experience with TMS symptoms and how quickly or intensely they began, if you can remember?

I am still unsure how much of my problem is TMS, as I do have some obvious physical stuff going on too. My problem is with my voice, and although I had some tension in my throat on and off for years, it was not like what I have now. But within a few weeks, it got exponentially worse to the point where I could barely talk and was in intense pain.

I'd be interested to hear what other people's experiences have been

:)

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi robodelfy,
    My onset was rather slow, but had distinct "steps up" in symptoms. Reading many of these posts here, I would say slow increase in pain and very rapid onset of pain are both common. I would not let your experience put you off the TMS diagnosis based on this question in your mind.
    Andy B

3. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I just thought it might be interesting to see what other had been through. It is sometimes hard to pin poi t when chronic pain begins!