1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9 TMS not giving up without a fight

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Rosebud, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud Peer Supporter

Right now, my worst back pain is when I leave the house. I could be happily puttering away for hours at home, with just a couple of twinges, but when I leave the house, BAM, pain, spasms, limping. How am I limping, when I was dancing fifteen minutes ago?! That makes no sense at all. The pain and the limping are so bad there's no room for feeling emotions anymore. Yes, that's the point of TMS, I know. It's such a stark contrast, I'm so much better at home now, and so much worse out of the home. Frankly, I'm not sure what to do. So I just power through, telling myself that my back is OK, my body's OK, I'm OK. Sometimes the pain subsides, sometimes it doesn't.
    I'm not actually discouraged, I just wonder what to do now. Wait it out? Keep on keeping on? Hope that I can solve it with journalling? Is there anything useful/helpful I can do while walking in pain? Staying inside is no solution, I'd say.