1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS mightbe in my mouth!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MichelleTresa, Aug 21, 2019.

1. MichelleTresa

MichelleTresa Newcomer

Hey, this is my first post in this forum.
    I have been dealing hard with TMS and I suddenly has this doubt, so posting here to know if anybody here has a similar experience.
    In 2017, I had my first root canal treatment (moderator edit: link removed) and gone pretty well. I had soreness and pain for only a week, at that time too I had this TMS thing!
    Last year, I had a root canal from the same clinic (moderator edit: name of clinic removed), but it took quite long to feel normal. To make things fine, recently I had my crowns replaced! And still, nothing has changed! I'm suffering from all sorts of toothache for the past 10 months. But I'm doing a bit better on some days. Pain is inconsistent, at times it will be minimal and somedays it will be on the peak!
    Toothache is ruining my life, I believe that there is something wrong with my oral health even when the X-rays shows it is normal! And I doubt TMS is troubling my teeth and I wonder if anyone has anything similar happened. Can TMS cause evil toothache like this?
    The pain is often bad and comes in different teeth.
    I'm not sure about what to do. All I can do is to ignore it intentionally. Is there any possibility TMS and pain linked, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2019
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Sweetheart,

Rest easy, plenty of people have experienced tooth pain. I’m one of them. My main TMS problem is atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia (type 2) which with many other symptoms includes tooth pain. This diagnosis makes sense to a point but it doesn’t explain the random pain I’ve had in different teeth over the years. It’s all TMS.

One thing I pick up in your post is your fear something is wrong with your oral health despite all evidence to the contrary. I have had this fear so I completely understand it. If you have the chance read ‘My Story’ (you can click on my avatar to find it), because I discuss that a bit there.

Yes. It can. Treat it as every other form of TMS because the same process is at play.

Plum x

MichelleTresa likes this.
  3. MichelleTresa

MichelleTresa Newcomer

I read your story. I feel you and I want to be a person like you!
    "Self-care is the backbone of TMS healing" loved it.

plum likes this.
  4. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow...divine intervention. I was gonna start a "teeth" commentary thread and then BLAM someone else already posted about it. I have seen this come up a lot on the forum recently and it might be a new 'channel' of TMS distraction

I have been having this same issue for a few months, though it only recently got bad enough to get my attention.

Yesterday I was waiting to have a 'get together' with my ex-girlfriend. While I was trying to relax and kill some time my teeth hurt so bad I almost could have cried. 16 penny nail into my Jaw over my molar. I KNOW it is psychogenic because it was on the other side of my mouth only a week ago.

I knew I had been having some discomfort periodically over the past months and wrote it off to clenching my teeth in my sleep. I fall asleep face down a lot and sometimes I have even bit my own Jaw bloody....yeah I know , I'm Lazy...but it's so damn comfortable! And it is my escapist Heroin after work....love laying on the bed reading.

Anyways... It had never ever been as painful as yesterday AND it started in the middle of the day, not some residual soreness on awakening. That is new.

Last week I was on a pressure cooker Job working in 105-110* heat index on a roof. I am losing hours because you can only work until about 1-2pm , and the Job is far away so I am losing time and money to the drive... but IT'S FOR MY FRIEND AND I AM A GOOD GUY! I notice the first discomfort. I am chewing gum, but My Jaw is misaligned for some reason and I can't close it all the way?????

I needed a hand on the job so I hired the younger of my two sons... He is dragging around and missing things and making mistakes because he is working two jobs(has a night job too) and exhausted from the heat as well. I want to ream his butt for the mistakes BUT I AM A GOOD DAD so I don't

My Main Gig has just called me back to finish a house for sale.... to repair stuff I told them they needed to repair months ago, but NOW it is urgent and needs to be done ASAP. I don't say anything but rush over there to 'save them' .The rest of the crew is complaining about having to go back but I don't because I AM A GOOD GUY and just shut up and do my work.

My Ex-GF shows up. I still love her very much but she was just too high maintenance. I have been hiding from her for months. I am really going to be distant and cold when she shows up... I have it all planned out. I am NOT going to get back together with her no matter how sweet and pretty and compassionate she is.... (LOL)...OUCH!

Nuff sed. I got out a folder and started writing down TMS stuff. I had 20something of these JUST from this week!
    I have become the de facto family Head. Everybody needs Money, my time, help, my Van, Their dog babysat.... and I say Yes to all of them. OUCH. My Jaw is killing me. I have exhausted a pile of money I carefully planned and saved, bailing out others who didn't... OUCH. My Tooth.

You get the point. I was actually quite candid with the ex... I do still Love her very much but can't play couple right now. The pain went away almost immediately. It came back a little this morning when I wrote this post, But I am about to go have a long read in 'The Mind body connection'

Wow...never would have guessed Sarno would become my dentist too!

Rainstorm B and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. Patrisia

Patrisia Peer Supporter

Hey Michelle,

I have the same thing going on, my root canaled teeth are always hurting, the pain jumps from one side to the other and sometimes the whole upper row of my teeth hurt. I was also diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia but I am getting much better after I started the TMS program as meds didn't work and my only option was surgery. I am on my third week and I am making a huge progress. It was really hard for me to finally realize there is nothing wrong with my root canaled teeth or my crown.

6. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

My teeth and mouth are also where TMS has manifested since 2015. It goes back and forth between both sides of my mouth and then will go hang out in my foot for a while. Crazy but I know it's TMS.

7. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

Has someone healed?

8. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

Karim, yes! Absolutely!

9. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

I have burning pain in the back od my mouth, red throat. Doctors say ia stomach reflux and dentist say that are my wisdom teeth or a damage tooth am so depressed, tired and anxious cause my palete an gum feels tender and swollen i dont know what to do