1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 TMS Lists

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cog, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Cog

Cog Peer Supporter

I worked on the TMS list today and there were three things that popped out in my childhood memories as having caused sadness/anger. One was when my house in a middle class neighborhood was raided by a SWAT-like law enforcement team because they though my father was trafficking narcotics. I was 17 years old. The house was destroyed, my parents went to jail, and me and my brother were put in foster care. It was a VERY crazy time for us as you can imagine. Another event, was when I was 15 yrs old and my parents were having marrige problems. My dad was away a lot and my mom would get drunk at home and spew all her sadness and anger to me. She even showed me pictures of the "other woman" and pictures of kids she would tell me were my step brothers and sisters. It was also a very difficult time and I had a hard time processing all of that. Another thing that came to mind was when I was maybe 6 years old and I was with my dad. He was with some friends and I remember him getting into a fist fight with some guy. I don't recall the exact details but I remember feeling afraid.

I'm looking forward to journaling about these things. I tend to not really acknowledge my own feelings very well so hopefully I'll get some insight through the process.

I've made progress with my shoulder pain as it does not hurt anymore so that's good. But I hurt my right glute muscle hurt during a recent jog. It happened while descending quickly. I felt a twinge. I've been avoiding running for a week, but I'm planning on doing some really light jogging (no descending) just to stay active and not be fearful.

Cog

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Cog. Your childhood was rough, that's for sure.
    Journaling about your feelings in those times will help lead you to better understanding those who
    caused you anger that you are repressing. Be patient and you will come through it all.

And yes, stay active, and don't worry or be fearful. You're going to be posting a success story soon.

Cog likes this.
  3. Cog

Cog Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt