1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 TMS is a gift

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by momoftwins, Oct 22, 2016.

1. momoftwins

momoftwins Newcomer

Someone said something to me today that I thought I would share.

For those also on this TMS journey, I thought it may provide some hope, or at least a new perspective during hard times, pain and setback.

My massage therapist is an amazingly talented and knowledgable healer, and one who believes 100% in the mind body connection. She has seen me suffer in severe pain for the last 5 months.

Today she said, "You might not realize, but what you are going through, and this TMS, is a tremendous gift". I was surprised at first by her choice of words, but as she continued on it began to sink in..."Once you overcome this, you will not be the same person you were before. You will be so much happier, grateful, and in tune with yourself than you ever imagined you could be".

And she is totally right. Although debilitating pain seems like the farthest thing from a 'gift' when you are experiencing it, it is forcing one to go through a process of self discovery that we never would have otherwise.

I hope this can provide some positivity for those also on this tough journey.

readytoheal, AC45 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

And how wise you both are - your LMT for offering, and yourself for accepting - and then re-offering - this piece of divine wisdom.

And imagine bringing up your children with TMS awareness! Yet another gift!

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I think that perhaps the gift is not TMS, but Sarno's program for healing from it. Because of Sarno--and this wiki--I have my active, healthy life back, and I am so grateful!

AC45 likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, the gift is deepening into your relationship, understanding, and compassion for yourself! It is a gift to know ourselves better, and with this, feel more intimacy with our experience, more appreciation for our history, our fears, our inner beauty.