1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Insight sometimes feels lonely

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Hedger, Sep 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Seeing so much TMS symptoms around me, and knowing they would just be irritated if I tried to explain it to them, gives me a feeling of loneliness. I know what is going on and can't talk to them about it, and it frustrating and gives a feeling of being misunderstood. Thankfully I have a really good friend being on the same page on this as me, and my Wife is also half way there. And I´m so happy for what the TMS work has done for me.

I think this lonely feeling is also related to me quitting Caffeine and many other Dopamine/Adrenaline/Cortisol causing behaviors. I´m so at ease and feel this deep sense of calm and joy. At the same time I see the behavior of all others running around e.g. at work with this stressed look on them. It also gives a bit of feeling odd and alone, while I at the same time I am so proud of myself and happy for my emotional state. It´s like I´m operating so differently from many others now and it can be hard to bond...

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Wonderful post, Hedger!

Yes, it can feel lonely sometimes being in the good place we are. However, I have seen much more acceptance of the mind-body connection over the years. So we can hope people will be more accepting and enjoy the many benefits that we do.

Hedger likes this.
  3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

"You will enter the Bridal chamber alone" -the carpenter.

Most truly 'spiritual' experiences are done alone. In fact, that is what most of our most profound teachers have taught us. It's not a bad thing or lonely.. it's just that you meet God alone or not at all. When you are having a true experience, you might describe it, discuss it or pontificate from it's spot, but NO ONE else can be there with you. No wife, minister, Bro's. Nothing. The joys of freedom from TMS are extraordinarily profound and spiritual if anything is.

I had a really powerful 'white light' experience when I was like 23. I needed it. But, while it lasted (about two weeks) I was pretty useless to the rest of the world. I was probably much the same in '99 when I first had my Sarno experience.....save for 'bearing witness to the truth' the experience was for MY benefit, not that of others, though of course I immediately thought of all the other suffering SOB's at my pain clinic and wanted to proselytize.
    wide is the road...narrow is the gate.

backhand, Sita, Hedger and 2 others like this.