1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS in relation to immune system

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by KatieDid123, Apr 3, 2016.

1. KatieDid123

KatieDid123 Peer Supporter

I'm curious about something that I'm hoping someone will have some insight into.

So I know that under the Mindbody Syndrome spectrum of issues/disorders, there are several different areas of your body that can be affected, one of which is the immune system.

I'm wondering if TMS could be a precursor to a person's immune system becoming weak, which would allow for an actual virus to become an issue in one's body.

But then, could you rid your body of a virus using TMS principles alone? Can you bring your immune system back to a healthy place using TMS?

giantsfan likes this.
  2. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

Katie,
    TMS directly affects the immune system. And healing it allows the immune system to function properly again. There are countless examples of this happening. When I came down with severe symptoms of TMS in 2007, I stopped getting colds because my immune system was so suppressed, it could not respond properly to bacteria and viruses in my body.

Since learning that I had a Mindbody issue, my immune system is now responding more normally. And although I am not fully recovered, my immune system has improved.

FEAR is the biggest culprit that will directly affect your immune system because when in fear, we release cortisol and this supresses the immune system.

What has helped me is to let go of FEAR, have Faith, and let go of analyzing what my body is doing.

giantsfan and KatieDid123 like this.
  3. KatieDid123

KatieDid123 Peer Supporter

I really appreciate your response Grateful. That really put things into perspective and clears things up for me. Thank you!

Grateful17 likes this.