1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS healing - an ongoing process

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Colly, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey all. I'm finally able to breathe a little after what was a very difficult six weeks. I had a very challenging period at work which required me to work 12-14 hour days and weekends non-stop. In the early weeks my daily affirmations and self-talk was getting me through the day, but by the sixth week my body was saying "ENOUGH", and I was just in survival mode. One of the biggest stressors for me was being deceived by a work colleague who was point scoring with the boss, and that, more than the relentless pressure and long hours broke me last week.

The moment I realised I was being deceived, I felt unbearable hurt, anger and resentment. Thankfully my TMS "Jiminy-cricket' voice came to the rescue, telling me to find a quiet space and let out my emotion. I wept for a good twenty minutes, and all the while, thinking "just get it out Colly, and then forgive, forgive forgive". The forgiveness bit was hard, and it didn't happen immediately, because I still felt hurt and betrayed by this person. Then I realised that the best solution for MY peace of mind IS to forgive, as this releases my resentment, which was only harming ME not my colleague.

I'm happy to say that when the little nagging voice of resentment creeps in again, I quieten it again and again, until it stops. I'm still hurt, but if I hang on to this memory it will affect my working relationship with this person, which again, only harms me…

It's a blessing to have discovered TMS healing, and to be able to use this first-aid toolkit when the going gets tough.

North Star, Seraphina and Ellen like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Colly,

I am glad you found your way through this difficult period and situation in your life. Isn't it wonderful that we have these techniques now to ease our pain and suffering? It still feels like a miracle to me when they work so well. Thanks for sharing your healing experience with us.

I hope you are able to take some time off now and get some much deserved rest.

Colly likes this.
  3. Colly

Hi Ellen

It's actually members like you that give me strength during times of stress at work, as I can apply your TMS survival tips which then reinforce my own.

Before discovering TMS healing, I would have held on to this resentment and let it eat away at me, but now I realise the damage that resentment and anger can cause to the body, and through experience, recall the soothing effects of forgiveness and compassion.

nowtimecoach and Ellen like this.
  4. blake

blake Well known member

Hi Colly,

I am so inspired by your story. I put myself in your shoes and I think I would have found it difficult to forgive. Thank you for sharing and reminding me that forgiveness is so good for us. Hope you'll get to enjoy some well-deserved down time now.
    Blake

Colly likes this.
  5. Colly

Thanks Blake. Well it's something I have to continue to work at, especially as I face another week of pressure. The dust hasn't settled yet, so I have to keep reminding myself to "let goooo"!

Another wonderful discovery I've made through TMS healing is the ability to have greater awareness of my moment-to moment thoughts, and keep the negative chatter in check. I now know the exorbitant price I can pay in pain and suffering by not being aware of my thoughts and allowing those thoughts to become self-destructive.

A good quote I once read says: "You don't forgive someone for his or her sake - you forgive them for your sake".

blake likes this.
  6. Raynor91

Raynor91 New Member

Thanks for sharing Colly, I'm new to this but I can relate to this and it does help me to know that other people are winning this battle with TMS.

7. Seraphina

Seraphina Peer Supporter

Thank you Colly. Forgiveness is one of the hardest thing I trying to achieve during my TMS healing journey. I just can't ignore that the little resentment is still there, rearing its head time to time.