1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS - hair loss

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Anna1, Jul 21, 2013.

1. shmps

shmps Peer Supporter

I can't believe Anna, Its like you are reading my mind. I have been needy too. My ex husband always belittled me for my appearance in reality I am not that bad looking LOL. So for my self esteem i needed it as an assurance. Now that my hair is falling so badly I am exhausted of worrying and I am not happy about cutting it short but getting there now. I have craved for ling hair and never wanted to cut. And its been the longest now in my lifetime, sadly TMS is attacking my precious gem.

I have had chronic myofascial pain and drs never could reason why, thus they never recommended surgery. At that time i hated the fact that medically they could not find anything wrong and so i was not a candidate for surgery since i though surgery could fix me. today I laugh at that thought and thank my stars for there being NO reason for my pain BUT just TMS.

Anna1 likes this.
  2. Anna1

Anna1 Peer Supporter

Shmps sorry for my late reaction. I am so sorry that your hair is falling out so badly. I am sure you will look gorgeous with short hair as well! But I know how it feels, it's for a reason that the TMS gets you there where it can hit you most. But really, I am convinced it's TMS. Funny thing is, since a few weeks I have no allergy symptoms anymore, because I treated it as TMS and for the first time in years I go through spring without medicines, without fear! Amazing. And I have no pain at all in my body (it still shifts from one thing to the other now and then). But last time I washed my hair my hands were full of hair again. My subconscious must have taken on this thread and following up on it as a way of getting to me. It makes me SO angry! Right at the point where I was getting excited about growing my hair again after a few years of (very nice) short look... It is obviously TMS... But it sucks anyway.

Keep me posted about your progress and let me know if you will get a haircut. Really, it can be very freeing!!!

Anna

3. shmps

shmps Peer Supporter

Anna thanks for replying. I am so sorry to hear about your situation and how just the dialogue can create the unconscious to play tricks on us.

I went to salon and got my hair short by 2". Next thing I know, I am no longer fearful. I forgot about it and I stopped seeing had fall. lol

4. Anna1

Anna1 Peer Supporter

Wow, what a great effect with only 2 "!! GREAT!!!!

5. CGP

CGP Peer Supporter

I know this is an old thread -

Count me in as someone who sees my hairfall switching on and off with stress. It alternates with many other symptoms, so I know in my gut it is TMS...but it is still scary.

Your stories have helped! Thanks

6. Elizabethtara26

Elizabethtara26 New Member

What happens eventually? I jabecsame now :(

7. Elizabethtara26

Elizabethtara26 New Member

Please help me I have the same tms situation hair please help

member: 1463"]Oh I hope the hair loss is TMS! There are so many fibromyalgia symptoms I've had over the years that Drs always say its fibro, even when it has been other things. Hair loss is one of them, unfairly - hair growth - in all the wrong places! is another...
    I have been trying to think literally about symptoms - so - tearing my hair out - why would I do this? Losing hair - our crowning glory, a bit like cutting off our nose to spite our face? My sister (mid 30s) in a relationship crisis, grew a single long grey hair - overnight! That's stress for you...[/QUOTE]